Life stories: Lorelie

Down arrow Scroll for articles

Life stories from people living with depression:
seeing through the “fog”

Introducing Lorelie
Living with depression can affect many aspects of a person’s life
Even simple things can seem impossible
Recovery is a journey, but not one that needs to be taken alone

“I think I felt like a switch had been turned off… not on, but off, because I was this great multi-tasker, and I couldn’t do that anymore”

Lorelie is 50, but has been living with depression since she was a teenager. She works as a sales broker and, together with her husband Jim, she has three children.

In this interview, Lorelie describes how depression felt like being in a heavy fog where you can’t see clearly, and how it affected her ability to perform well at her job. She shares her experiences, and how she was able to get her confidence back with the help of her loved ones.

Struggling to talk to your doctor?

Download our useful guide to help you cover all the things you may want to talk about at your next appointment

icon download

You may also like...

Starting the conversation

Just like with physical illnesses, sharing a mental health diagnosis with other people is not easy. Often, for various reasons, people...

Tackling depression in the workplace

As the leading cause of disability worldwide, depression represents a significant burden on the workplace.1 In particular,...

Money on your mind

Money can be a source of stress for us all. For people with depression, it can feel like another unwanted addition to the already...