You are now leaving
Rethink Depression
Friends & family
Rethink icon

We’re in this together

Down arrow Scroll for articles

Article from DepressionToolkit.org

Whether you’re a friend or family member, supporting someone with depression can raise many different questions. How can I help them? How will this affect my own life? How can I make sure I don’t lose track of myself if I focus on someone else so much? These questions are all normal and reasonable.

This article from depressiontoolkit.org helps you to better understand the dynamics of relationships and gives practical advice on how you can best help your loved one with depression.

Their advice includes to:

6-8_family_and_friends_in_it_together_callout 6-8_family_and_friends_in_it_together_callout

You can read the full article here

Remember

“Before you can care for someone else, you need to take care of yourself”

For more advice on how to care for your loved one, as well as yourself, the European Federation of Associations of Families of People with Mental Illness (EUFAMI) have created a “Caring for two” brochure. Click below to download it and learn more.

icon download

You may also like...

Signs & Symptoms

Depression is a broad mix of symptoms that affect different people in different ways.1 Symptoms can vary in type, duration,...

CBT and its benefits in the workplace

Many approaches exist to improve the symptoms of depression, helping those living with the condition to feel better and settle back into...

Recognising functional impairment

It can be difficult watching a loved one suffering from the wide range of symptoms that come along with depression. But it’s important...